LEELA’S FRIEND BY R K NARAYANn – SAQ LAQ Class xi English suggestion প্রিয় ছাত্রছাত্রীরা তোমরা যারা ২০২৩ সালে একাদশ শ্রেণীর ফাইনাল পরীক্ষা দেবে তোমাদের সকলকে WWW.PARIKSHAPRASTUTI.ORG এক্সপার্ট টিমের পক্ষ থেকে জানাই আন্তরিক শুভেচ্ছা এবং অভিনন্দন। তোমরা যাতেএকাদশ শ্রেণীর ইংরেজি বিষয়ে ১০০% নাম্বার পেতে পারো তার জন্য আমাদের টীম তোমাদের জন্য বিষয় ভিত্তিক chapter wise সাজেশন নিয়ে আসবে ধারাবাহিক ভাবে। আজকে একাদশ শ্রেণীর ইংরেজি LEELA’S FRIEND গল্পটি থেকে ১ নাম্বারের SAQ (SHORT ANSWER QUESTION ) এবং LAQ (LONG ANSWER QUESTION ) এর সাজেশন ২০২৩ তুলে ধরা হল। আমাদের এই প্রচেষ্টা ভালো লাগলে তোমাদের বন্ধুদের মাঝে আমাদের এই ওয়েব পেজটি শেয়ার করবে। LEELA’S FRIEND BY R K NARAYAN
LEELA’S FRIEND BY R K NARAYAN CLASS XI WBCHSE
LEELA’S FRIEND -R.K.NARAYAN SAQ (SHORT ANSWER QUESTION-1 MARK)
1)How many letters of the alphabet did Leela know to write?[Annual Exam. – 2022]
Ans. Leela knew two or three letters of the alphabet to write.
2)What did Sidda say to Leela when the ball came down?
Or. What did Sidda say when the ball thrown by him into the sky, came down? [Annual Exam. – 2022]
Ans. Sidda told Leela that the ball had touched the moon.
3) Who according to Sidda was his previous master? [Annual Exam. = 2020]
Ans. According to Sidda, his previous master was a doctor.
4)Where did the doctor live?
Ans. The doctor lived in a bungalow near the market.
5) Why did Sidda leave the old master’s house? [Annual Exam. = 2015]
Ans. Sidda left the old master’s house because they left the town.
6) Why did Mr. Sivasanker call his wife?
Ans. Mr. Sivasanker called his wife because he was unable to make up his mind whether Sidda would work as a servant in his home.
7)What was Mrs. Sivasanker’s opinion regarding Sidda?
Ans. Mrs. Sivasanker said that Sidda seemed better than other servants who worked earlier in their house.
8) “I like him. Don’t send him away.” – Who said this?
Ans. Leela, five years old daughter of Mr. And Mrs. Sivasanker said this.
9) “And that decided it.” – What was decided?
Ans. Sidda would work as a servant in their house. It was decided.
10) What kind of job did Sidda do in the Sivasanker’s household? [Annual Exam. = 2014]
Or. What did Sidda do at Mr. Sivasanker’s house? [Annual Exam. = 2017]
Ans. Sidda washed clothes, tended the garden, ran errands, chopped wood, and looked after Leela.
11) What was Sidda given in return for his service in the house of Mr. Sivasanker?
Ans. Sidda was given two meals a day and four rupees a month in return for his service in the house of Mr. Sivasanker.
12) Who asked Sidda to throw the ball into the sky? [Annual Exam. = 2015, 2018]
Ans. Leela asked Sidda to throw the ball into the sky.
13)What is Mr. Sivasanker’s first impression of Sidda? [Annual Exam. = 2016]
Ans. Mr. Sivasanker’s first impression is that Sidda does not seem to be a bad sort and he looks tidy.
14) Why didn’t Leela see the traces of the moon on the ball?
Ans. Leela must be very quick to see the traces of the moon on the ball because it will all evaporate and go back to the moon.
15)How did Leela able to see the traces of the moon?
Ans. When Sidda allowed Leela to peep through a little gap in his finger, Leela abled to see the traces of the moon on the ball.
16)How, according to Sidda, could Leela touch the sky? [Annual Exam. = 2016]
Ans. According to Sidda, if Leela stood on a coconut tree, she could touch the sky.
17)When did Sidda touch the moon?
Ans. Sidda touched the moon whenever there was a big moon.
18) Why did Leela clap her hands and scream in wonder?
Ans. Leela clapped her hands and screamed in wonder because the moon was following them to the rose plants, the backyard, and wherever they were going.
19) When did Leela hold a class for Sidda?
Ans. Leela held a class for Sidda at dusk.
20)What was Leela’s box filled with? [Annual Exam. = 2017, 2020]
Ans. Leela’s box was filled with catalogs, illustrated books, and stumps of pencils.
21) What did Leela ask Sidda to draw? [Annual Exam. = 2018]
Ans. Leela asked Sidda to draw a kind of cat and crow.
22) What did Leela ask Sidda to copy?
Ans. Leela asked Sidda to copy two or three letters of the alphabet and draw a kind of cat and crow.
23)What was Mr. Sivasanker brooding over, standing on the front veranda of his house? [Annual Exam. = 2018]
Ans. Mr. Sivasanker was brooding over the servant problem, standing on the front veranda of his house.
24) Why did Leela pity Sidda?
Ans. Leela pitied Sidda because Sidda was incapable to draw the crow and the letter ‘B’.
25) How did Sidda seek relief from Leela’s class? Or. How would the school hour end?
Ans. Sidda sought relief from Leela’s class by saying that her mother was calling her into dinner.
26) When did Leela run to her bed? [Annual Exam. – 2022]
Ans. Leela ran to her bed after dinner.
27) What stories did Sidda tell to Leela after dinner?
Ans. Sidda told incomparable stories of animals in the jungle, gods in heaven, magicians, and princesses.
28) Who noticed that their gold chain of Leela was missing?
Ans. Leela’s mother noticed that the gold chain of Leela was missing.
29) “Her mother gave her a slap.” – Whose mother gave her a slap?
Ans. Leela’s mother gave her a slap.
30) “I told you to take it off and put it in the box.” – What was ‘it’ referred to here? [Annual Exam. = 2019]
Ans. ‘It’ was referred to as Leela’s gold chain.
31) “His throat went dry.” – Whose throat went dry and why?
Ans. Sidda’s throat went dry because Leela’s mother asked him about the lost chain of Leela.
32) When did Sidda flee from the house?
Ans. When Leela’s mother went into the kitchen to see something left on the oven after noticing Leela’s missing gold chain, Sidda fled from the house.
33) Why had Sidda vanished into the night?
Ans. Sidda had vanished into the night because he was afraid of being arrested on account of Leela’s gold chain.
34) Who went to the police station and lodged a complaint?
Ans. Mr. Sivasanker went to the police station and complained.
35) Why did Leela refuse to go to bed?
Ans. Leela refused to go to bed because she wanted Sidda to come with her to the bed and tell stories.
36) Why, according to Leela, was her mother rough?
Or. What was Leela’s complaint against her mother?
Ans. According to Leela, her mother was rough because she used to abuse and worry Sidda.
37) What made Leela’s mother panicky?
Ans. The thought of harboring such a villain like Sidda in their house-made Leela’s mother panicky. She also thought that with his knowledge of the household, he might come at night and loot.
38) What did Leela think about Sidda’s escape?
Ans. Leela thought that Sidda was angry with them because he was not allowed to sleep inside the house.
39) What did Mr. Sivasanker come to know from the inspector?
Or. How many times was Sidda in jail?
Ans. Mr. Sivasanker came to know from the inspector that Sidda had been in jail half a dozen times for stealing jewelry from children.
40) Why was the inspector furious with Mr. Sivasanker?
Ans. The inspector was furious with Sivasanker because he did not consult him before employing Sidda in their house.
41) After how many days of stealing was Sidda arrested?
Ans. Sidda was arrested after four days of stealing.
42)Why was Leela overjoyed?
Ans. Leela was overjoyed to see Sidda brought back home.
43) Who brought Sidda into the house of Mr. Sivasanker?
Ans. A police inspector and a constable brought Sidda into the house of Mr. Sivasanker.
44) Who addressed Sidda a few words of treachery?
Ans. Mrs. Sivasanker addressed Sidda with a few words of treachery.
45) What was Sidda’s answer when he was asked about the chain?
Ans. Sidda answered that he had not taken the gold chain.
46) “Leave him alone, he hasn’t taken the chain.” – a) Who said this? b) Why did Leela think that she had not taken the chain?
a) Leela said this.
b) Leela thought that Sidda had not taken the chain because the behavior, affection, and love, she got from him made her think that he was innocent.
47) “Take him to the station. I think I shall have to sit with him tonight.” – Why did the inspector wish to sit with Sidda?
Ans. The inspector wished to sit with Sidda for further interrogation about their missing gold chain of Leela.
48) Who was not a reliable prosecution witness?
Ans. Leela was not a reliable prosecution witness.
49) “He looked at her mutely, like an animal.” – Who looked at and to whom?
Ans. Sidda looked at Leela.
50) Why was Leela in tears?
And. Sidda was in tears because Sidda was being taken to the police station again.
51) “Nothing can make them confess.” – Who is referred to as ‘them’? [Annual Exam. – 2022]
Ans. The fellows like Sidda who have been in jail once or twice are referred to here as ‘them’.
52) Where did Leela’s mother find the chain? [Annual Exam. = 2014]
Ans. Leela’s mother found the chain inside the tamarind pot in the kitchen.
53) Who put the chain in the tamarind pot?
Ans. Leela put the chain in the tamarind pot.
54) What was Mr. Sivasanker’s reaction when the chain was recovered?
Ans. Mr. Sivasanker reproached her daughter for all this bother and ordered his wife not to give any chain to Leela thereafter.
‘Leela’s Friend’ by RK Narayan – Questions and Answers(L.A.Q.), class 11, WBCHSE
1) “Don’t send him away. Let us keep him in our house.” – Who was the speaker and to whom was it spoken? About whom was it said? How did the person or persons spoken to react? [1+1+1+2 = 5] [Annual Exam. = 2015]
Ans. Leela, the daughter of Mr. Sivasanker was the speaker and it was spoken to her father Mr. Sivasanker.
It was said about Sidda who had just come to ask for a job in their house.
Mr Sivasanker was unable to make up his mind whether he should engage Sidda as a servant in their house. He called his wife who was also looked confused. But as soon as Leela saw Sidda she liked him and wished to keep him in their house. And the decision of employing Sidda as a servant was confirmed by them.
2) “Sidda, come and play!” – Who is the speaker? What would Sidda do when he heard this call? What kind of games did the speaker play? [1++1+3 =5] [Annual Exam. = 2019]
Ans. Leela, the five years old daughter of Mr Sivasanker is the speaker.
When Sidda heard this call, he ran to Leela leaving any work he might be doing.
Leela flung her red ball at Sidda and he flung it back. When Sidda threw the ball into the sky, he told her that it had touched the moon and come back. Leela tried to find the traces of the moon but did not see it. Sidda managed to see Leela the traces of the moon peeping through his fingers. Sidda claimed how he used to touch the moon standing on the coconut tree on every big moon. Sidda showed his acquaintance with the moon as it was following them everywhere.
3) How did Leela try to make Sidda write? What was the result? [3+2 = 5] [Annual Exam. = 2014, 2020]
Ans. Leela got a great joy to play teacher to Sidda. Every day in the evening she used to hold a class for him. She had learnt two or three letters of the alphabet and could draw pictures of cats and crows. She made him squat on the floor with a pencil and asked him to copy whatever she wrote in the pages of her catalogue. In this way, Leela tried to make Sidda write.
The result was horrible. As Sidda was incapable of plying the pencil, he could not even remotely copy the crow or the letter ‘B’. Leela scolded him and redouble her efforts to teach. Sidda sought relief by saying that her mother was calling her for dinner.
4) “He looked her mutely, like an animal.” – Who looked at and to whom? What was the situation when this occurred? [2+3 = 5] [Annual Exam. = 2016]
Ans. The servant Sidda looked at Leela, the daughter of Mr Sivasanker.
One evening Leela’s mother noticed that the gold chain of Leela was missing. Sidda thought he would be accused of that and in fear of the police, he fled from the house. After four days, Sidda was arrested and brought back to Mr Sivasanker’s house. Leela was overjoyed. She did not want to know anything about the chain. She wanted to play with him. A strong bond of love and affection was grown between them. When they did not find any answer about the chain from Sidda, the inspector ordered the constable to take him to the police station. Leela clung to his hand and Sidda looked at her mutely.
5) “The inspector was furious…………….” – Who was the speaker? Why was the inspector ‘furious’? What did the inspector inform? [1+2+2 =5] [Annual Exam. = 2022]
Ans. Mr Sivasanker, Leela’s father was the speaker.
The inspector was furious because Mr Sivasanker did not consult him before he appointed Sidda in his house as a servant.
The inspector informed Mr Sivasanker that Sidda was an old criminal. He had been in jail half a dozen times for stealing jewellery from children.
6) “In any case, we couldn’t have kept a criminal like him in the house.” – Who is the speaker? Who is the criminal referred to here? What led the speaker to such a comment? [1+1+3 = 5] [Annual Exam. =2018]
Ans. Mr Sivasanker is the speaker.
The criminal referred to here is Sidda.
When Leela’s chain was lost and Sidda fled from the house, Mr Sivasanker went to complain to the police station. There he came to know from the police inspector that Sidda had a criminal background. He had been in jail several times for stealing jewellery from children. This confirmation by the inspector was misleading and misunderstanding to Mr Sivasanker. When Leela’s chain was recovered, he did not show any sign of regret and uttered the words.
7)What did Leela’s mother do when she found the gold chain in the tamarind pot? How did Leela’s father react? [1+4 = 5]
Ans. When Leela’s mother found the gold chain in the tamarind pot, she took it to the tap and washed off the tamarind coating on it.
When Leela’s father was informed about the recovery of the chain, he ordered his wife not to give Leela any chain thereafter. All the problems were created on account of her. Mr Sivasanker did not feel any sympathy or regret for innocent Sidda. Sidda was unjustly put into jail. He would inform the inspector but would not keep the criminal in their house.
8) What message is conveyed by Mr Sivasanker’s final words in the story – “In any case, we couldn’t have kept a criminal like him in the house.” 
Ans. Mr Sivasanker’s final words convey a serious message prevailing in our society. Sidda’s criminal background is a curse for him. He is innocent in the case of Leela’s missing gold chain. Yet he was punished. The incident shows that a person who had a previous criminal record would always be neglected by society. They are arrested without any concrete evidence. They are prone to be suspected. On the other hand, we can say that it is a class contradiction between financially strong and weak people. Sidda represents the poor who are always oppressed by the rich.