পরীক্ষাপ্রস্তুতি : STRONG ROOTS BY APJ ABDUL KALAM LAQ প্রিয় ছাত্রছাত্রীরা তোমরা যারা ২০২৩ সালে উচ্চ মাধ্যমিক পরীক্ষা দেবে তোমাদের সকলকে WWW.PARIKSHAPRASTUTI.ORG এক্সপার্ট টিমের পক্ষ থেকে জানাই আন্তরিক শুভেচ্ছা এবং অভিনন্দন। তোমরা যাতে উচ্চ মাধ্যমিক ইংরেজি বিষয়ে ১০০% নাম্বার পেতে পারো তার জন্য আমাদের টীম তোমাদের জন্য বিষয় ভিত্তিক chapter wise সাজেশন নিয়ে আসবে ধারাবাহিক ভাবে। আজকে নিয়ে এসেছি উচ্চ মাধ্যমিক ইংরেজি Strong Roots প্রবন্ধটির Long Answer Questions (LAQ) . আমাদের এই প্রচেষ্টা ভালো লাগলে তোমাদের বন্ধুদের মাঝে আমাদের এই ওয়েব পেজটি শেয়ার করবে। STRONG ROOTS BY APJ ABDUL KALAM LAQ
STRONG ROOTS BY APJ ABDUL KALAM LAQ
Abul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam – এর লেখা ”Strong Roots” প্রবন্ধটি নেওয়া হয়েছে তার লেখা ”Wings of Fire” নামক Auto biography থেকে। এখন থেকে কিছু গরুত্বপূর্ন Long Answer Questions (LAQ) HS English Suggestion 2023 হিসাবে তুলে ধরা হল।
1) What remained the routine for Abdul Kalam’s father even when he was in his late sixties? What does Abdul Kalam say about his emulation of his father? [3+3 = 6] [H.S =2016]
* Abdul Kalam’s father maintained a strict routine life up to his late sixties. He used to start his day at 4 am by reading the namaz before dawn. He used to walk four miles and reach their coconut grove. Then he returned home with a dozen coconuts on his soldiers. Then he took his breakfast.
* * Kalam tried to emulate his father in his world of science and technology. He tried to understand the fundamental truths revealed to him by his father. Though he was a scientist, he strongly believed in the existence of a divine power that can lift us from misery and failure to our true place.
2)’ Our locality was predominantly Muslim’ – Who is the speaker? How does the speaker describe the locality? What picture of communal harmony do you find in the description? [1+3+2 = 6] [H.S. – 2017]
* The speaker is Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the writer of the piece ‘Strong Roots’.
* * The locality where Kalam lived was predominantly Muslim. Many Hindu families lived there amicably with their Muslim neighbors. There was a great Shiva temple in the locality. The temple made Rmeswaram very famous to pilgrims. It was about a ten-minute walk from Kalam’s house. There was a very old mosque in their locality too. Kalam used to go there with his father for evening prayer.
* * * A great picture of communal harmony we find in the description of Kalam’s autobiography. Hindus and Muslims lived together amicably. The Shiva temple and the old mosque were situated in the same locality. Though Pakshi Lakshmana Sastry and Kalam’s father belonged to different religions, they were close friends and discussed spiritual matters. So, there was no discrimination among religions.
3) ‘The people of different religions would be sitting outside waiting for him’ – Who is referred to as ‘him’? Where did the people wait? Why did they wait there? What would happen thereafter? [1+1+2+2 = 6] [H.S. – 2020]
* The word ‘him’ is referred to Jainulabdeen, father of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
* * The people waited for him outside the mosque.
* * * They waited for him because they had a great belief in him. They offered bowls of water to him and he used to sanctify the water by dipping his fingertips and chanting a prayer. This water was used to cure the invalids.
* * * * If the invalids were cured, they visited his father to show their gratitude. But his father smiled and told them to thank the merciful Allah.
4) ‘‘Why don’t you say this to the people who come to you? ” –Who says this and to whom? What is referred to by the word ‘this’? Why do the people come to the person spoken to? [2+3+1 = 6] [H.S. – 2015]
* Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam says this to his father Jainulabdeen in his autobiography, ‘Strong Roots’.
* * By the word ‘this’, APJ Abdul Kalam referred to ‘a spiritual concept’ expressed by his father. According to Kalam’s father, we should not be afraid of difficulties, sufferings, and problems because adversity always presents opportunities for introspection or self-examination. Rather we should try to understand the relevance of suffering.
* * * People come to Kalam’s father to get spiritual support from him. Whenever they were in a difficult situation, his father tried to propitiate the demonic forces with prayer and offerings.
5) ‘His answer filled me with a strange energy and enthusiasm’ – Who is the speaker? Whose answer is being referred to here? What was the answer? [1+1+4 = 6] [H.S. – 2019]
* The speaker is Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
* * The answer of Kalam’s father is referred to here.
* * * According to Kalam’s father, whenever human beings find themselves alone or in a difficult situation, they look for a company that could guide them. Kalam’s father acted as a mediator. He strived to propitiate the demonic forces with prayer and offerings. But he accepted that this was not a correct approach. One should realize the relevance of his sufferings.
6)’ I normally ate with my mother’ – Who ate with his mother? Name his mother? Where did he eat with his mother? – What did he eat with his mother? [1+1+1+3 = 6] [H.S. – 2018,2022]
* Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the author of the prose ‘Strong Roots’, ate with his mother.
* * The name of his mother is Ashiamma.
* * * He ate with his mother sitting on the floor of the kitchen.
* * * * He ate rice, aromatic sambar, a variety of home-made pickles, and a dollop of fresh coconut chutney.
HS English এর অন্যান্য টপিক এর উপর সাজেশন পেতে এখানে ক্লিক করুন।
2 thoughts on “STRONG ROOTS BY APJ ABDUL KALAM LAQ”
Pingback: Asleep in the Valley by Arthur Rimbaud SAQ | Pariksha Prastuti
I have finished all the answers already ✌️❤️❤️