পরীক্ষা প্রস্তুতি : Madhyamik English Grammar Suggestion 2023 আসন্ন মাধ্যমিক পরীক্ষার জন্য আমাদের এই এডুকেশন ওয়েবসাইটটি প্রতিটি বিষয়ের লাস্ট মিনিট সাজেশন নিয়ে আসবে ধারাবাহিকভাবে। আজকে Madhyamik English Grammar বিষয়ের লাস্ট মিনিট সাজেশনের সমস্ত দিক গুলো তুলে ধরা হল।
Madhyamik English Grammar Suggestion 2023
Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles and prepositions:
(1) ______ girls _______ this village have promised to fight _______ the curse _______ child marriage.
Ans: the, of, against, of.
(2) Lepchajagat is _______ most exclusive it place in the western part _______ Darjeeling Hills. It offers _______ unique experience _______ nature lovers with its alpine scenario and magnificent view of Kanchenjunga.
Ans: the, of, a, to.
(15) India stormed into _______ quarter finals _______ the world cup on Friday, defeating West Indies _______ 4 wickets in _______ not so high scoring game in perth.
Ans: the, of, by, a.
(3) January 24, 1984 was a memorable day in Sudhan’s life. She was back on _______ stage. Arrangements were made _______ her dance program at _______ big hall _______ Bombay.
Ans: the, for, a, in.
(4) Ranjan was been suffering _______ fever for the last few days. In fact he is down _______ influenza. We hope he will be fit in _______ few days.
Ans: from, with, a.
(5) The test match at Eden Garden between two rival teams. India and Pakistan, was ______ exciting one. There were ups and downs ______ the fortunate of the two teams. In the first innings Indian’s total ______ 407 was almost overtake _______ Pakistan.
Ans: an, in, of, by.
(6) In India the first successful oil well was sunk _______ borbhil, later known as Digboi, in Assam _______ 19 October, 1899. ________ Digboi refinery is _______ oldest running refinery in the country.
Ans: at, on, the, the.
(7) I arrived at my cousin’s house _______ the evening, it was freezing cold and we had _______ early dinner in _______ large room whose walls and ceiling were covered _______ stuffed by Birds.
Ans: in, an, a, with.
(8) When Rabindranath set ______ his school _______ Shantiniketan, Satish Chandra Roy, a young man, came there as _______ teacher. With him the boys felt they were never confined in a classroom.
Ans: up, at, a.
(9) _______ tigerss captured in the Sundarbans ______ May 10, had to be bought to ______ Alipore Veterinary Hospital _______ treatment.
Ans: the, on, the, for.
(10) _______ students from ______ neighbouring school are going ______ an excursion to Darjeeling _______ their teachers.
Ans: the, a, on, with.
(11) Most people are found _______ mystery stories. They find _______ extra pleasure _______ trying to solve _______ mystery along with the investigator.
Ans: of, an, in, the.
(12) Football is _______ simple sport. It is also the cheapest game _______ no complicated rules ________ understand.
Ans: a, with, to.
(13) The transport minister has constituted _______ one man committee to look _______ the demand of transport operators for _______ increase ______ fares.
Ans: a, into, an, in.
(14) The disappearance of Subhash Chandra Bose ________ August 18, 1945 remains still _______ unsolved mystery. There is no definite evidence of _______ unfortunate place crash or of Netaji being _______ the plane at all.
Ans: on, an, the, in.
Fill in the blanks with Appropriate forms of Verbs:
1. He now stood defeated (defeat/ defeats/ defeated), his cries, suppressed into sobs. Then he ran (run/ran/runs) again, this time to a temple to which people seemed to be crowding. Every little inch of space here was congested (is congested/ was congested/ are congested) with men, but he ran through people’s legs.
2. Surprisingly, Salim Ali had (have/has/had) no university degree. Although he joined (join/joins/ joined) college, his intense dislike for mathematics did not allow him to continue his studies. He left (leave/leaves/left) for Burma to help his brother on his farm.
3. There was (is/are/was) a rainwater pond behind our house in Dehradun. It was my grandfather who first showed (show/showed/shows) me the pond world. We chose a dry place in the shade of the old peepul tree and sat for an hour gazing (gaze/gazes/gazing) steadily at the green layer of dirt floating on the water.
4. Rabindranath used to sit (sit/sat/sitting) by the window. He observed (observed/has observed/ had been observing) nature from the window of his room. His writings were influenced (influenced/had been influenced/were influenced) largely by the environment around him.
5. Food keeps (keep/keeps/kept) us alive and gives (give/gives/gave) us health. But it does (do/does/did) a lot of harm if we eat more than we need.
6. Some days after the funeral, a special train took (was taking/had taken/took) Gandhiji’s ashes to Allahabad. The compartment was decked (was decked/decked/was decking) with flowers. People on the train sang (were singing/sang/had sung) Bhajans.
Madhyamik English Grammar : Do as Directed
(1) He is too short to reach the fruit of the tree. (Rewrite the sentence by removing ‘too’ and ‘to)
Ans: He is so short that he can not reach the fruit of the tree.
(2) He is the tallest boy in the class. (Change the degree of comparison)
Ans: He is taller than any other boy in the class.
(3) Sheetal is the fastest runner in the school. (Rewrite the sentence using ‘fast’)
Ans: No other runner in the school is so fast as Sheetal.
(4) Tell me what your name is. (Turn into a simple sentence)
Ans: Tell me your name.
(5) It is not necessary for you to come tomorrow. (rewrite using ‘need’)
Ans: You need not come tomorrow.
(6) St Paul’s Cathedral is the biggest church in our locality. (Change the degree of comparison)
Ans: No other church in our locality is so big as St parts Cathedral.
(7) He is so proud that he will not apologize for his mistake. (Turn into a simple sentence)
Ans: He is too proud to apologize for his mistake.
(8) Who does not love his parents? (Change into an assertive sentence)
Ans: Everybody loves his parents.
(9) As soon as he reached the station, the train left. (Rewrite using ‘No sooner …. Than’)
Ans: No sooner had he reached the station than the train left.
(10) He was sorry that he was late. (Turn into a simple sentence)
Ans: He was sorry to be late.
(11) The Silver pot was the most beautiful thing in the house. (Change the adjective in the positive degree)
Ans: No other thing in the house was so beautiful as the silver pot.
(12) She offered me tea but I asked for a glass of water. (Complex sentence)
Ans: Though she was offered me tea, I asked for a glass of water.
(13) Horses, which come from Arabia, are much in demand. (simple sentence)
Ans: Arabian horses in demand.
(14) The poem is too simple to need an explanation. (Remove ‘too’ and ‘to’)
Ans: The poem is so simple that it does not need any explanation.
(15) He is very old. He cannot walk fast. (Use ‘too and ‘to’)
Ans: He is too old to work first.
(16) Who does not love his motherland? (Turn into a statement)
Ans: Everybody loves his motherland.
(17) Do or die. (make it complex)
Ans: If you do not do, you will be die.